Top 10 Benefits of Mucuna Pruriens, the Velvet Bean of Ayurveda
Posted on December 10, 2013
Mucuna pruriens, commonly known as velvet bean or cow itch, is a plant indigenous to India, and has been used in Ayurveda for a large variety of conditions. Scientists and doctors in the west are now beginning to take a serious look at the potential benefits of this potent herb in a number of medical and psychological conditions.
Here are what we believe to be the Top 10 Health benefits of this amazing product:
1) Provides L-Dopa – turns into dopamine which improves mood, sense of well-being, mental clarity, better sleep, brain function, etc.
2) Produces Testosterone* – Increases libido in both men and women. Builds fertility in men (Increases semen volume, sperm count and sperm motility, better double up boys…) and is extremely potent at increasing libido for both men and women. Mucuna helps men last longer sexuall and also helps women increase lactation when breastfeeding.
3) Increases Energy*
4) Improves mental capacity*
5) Promotes brain activity that combats such things such as Parkinson’s disease and depression*
6) Used to build muscle mass and strengthen muscles and physical ability.
7) Helps digestion without increasing pitta (fire)
8) The hairs on the mucuna plant have been shown to successfully treat several species of parasitic worms.
9) Very helpful in treating insomnia and generally deepens sleep.
10) Balancing to all three doshas (which is very rare!)
Click Here for Tattva’s Herbs Mucuna
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not
intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.