- 2—3 red potatoes
- 1—2 medium parsnips
- 1/2 bunch curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil or ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/8—1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or rock salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
Wash vegetables and cut the potatoes in cubes and parsnips into 1/2 inch pieces.
Chop curry leaves into 1 inch slices and finely chop the ginger.
In a large skillet warm oil over heat.
Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
When the seeds pop, stir in turmeric , ginger root and vegetable.
Add water and cook covered on medium heat till the potatoes and parsnips become soft and tender.
Stir in the salt and coriander. Serve.