Stuffed Tomatoes or Peppers
- 4 large tomatoes or peppers
- 2-3 cups peeled and chopped mix of red, gold, & sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. sour cream or yoghurt
- 2 cups kale, swiss chard or spinach chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 1tsp salt
- Pinch or two of hing (aseofetida)
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice the tops off the tomatoes or peppers, scooping out the insides. If using tomatoes, the inside can be added to the filling. Put in a greased baking dish.
In a skillet heat the ghee or oil, adding the mustard seeds, hing, pepper, sesame seeds and fenugreek. Cook for a minute until the mustard seeds pop. Add the potatoes, cover and fry on medium for about 10 minutes. The rest of the ingredients can be mixed in and cooked for a minute more so they all blend together. Fill the tomatoes &/or peppers to the top and bake for approx. 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley or fresh cilantro and serve warm in the fall/winter seasons, or cold in warmer weather.