Summertime Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Cup Fresh Zucchini or other summer squash, cut in cubes
- 1 Cup Fresh Asparagus
- 1/4 Cup Red & Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ground Cumin seed Powder
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ground Coriander seed Powder
- 1 tsp. Whole Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek
- 1 Pinch Hing
- 1-2 TBS. Ghee
- 1 tsp. Salt
Melt Ghee in medium sauce pan. Add the spices except for salt and sauté until the mustard seeds pop. Add vegetables and cook on medium heat, stir often to prevent burning of veggies. When veggies are semi-soft add the salt and garnish with cilantro before serving.
This is a basic recipe that balances all three Doshas. The preparation is easy to digest and you can try different vegetables for variety, according to the seasonal availability and your particular body type.